I read a good article about why people will not wear hearing aids. These 6 things below sum it up.
1) The Stereotype of Getting Old... it's hard to admit when you are getting older, even in our fifties
2) New Challenge-- learning how to use a hearing aid is new. (Simple Ear makes the whole process super simple but it's still a new device.)
3) Association with a Disability-- I think this is self imposed but people think they look like they are disabled if they wear a hearing aid. I think you are more disabled if you can't hear!
5) High cost-- a typical digital hearing aid can cost $3500 per unit. And they are usually not covered by insurance. No kidding. (Simple Ear really helps on this front. If you can use our over-the-counter, preprogrammed hearing aid, you can save a bundle... up to 80% savings.)
6) Unrealistic Expectations-- hearing aids don't replace your hearing. They can help you but they are not a perfect replacement for your natural hearing loss.
Life is too short not to be fully active in it. Simple Ear is your first affordable step to get a boost in your hearing. Find out what you're missing in life.