A set of traditional hearing aids purchased in an audiologists office may cost as much as $5000. This pricing seems unreasonable to many, and for most people desiring a simple hearing boost the preprogrammed Simple Ear is a more cost-effective alternative.
Simple Ear Basic, Advanced and Premium hearing devices are not classified as hearing aids but rather Personal Sound Amplifiers Products (PSAPs). Nevertheless, the uses for hearing aids and PSAPs are similar, and in most cases the technology used in hearing aids and PSAPs is identical.
Our high-quality devices do not require a medical prescription. Decades of experience, research and development make it possible to pre-program these hearing devices in the factory and immediately provide our customers with an attractively-priced solution without the need for special fitting and complex adjustments.
For most people, PSAPs boost hearing effectiveness, but they are not intended to compensate for hearing impairment. Examples of situations in which PSAPs typically are used include watching TV, conversing at social gatherings or at a restaurant, talking on the phone, bird watching, and listening to lectures in auditoriums where the sound is distant or muffled.
If you have or think you may have any one of the following symptoms, do not use this product until you have consulted a physician:
- History of excessive wax build-up
- Pain or discomfort in the ear
- Fluid or drainage from the ear within the past 90 days
- Ear canal blockage, a lasting ear infection, or a plugged up fullness feeling
- Visible deformity of the ear
- Sudden, rapidly progressing, or fluctuating hearing loss within past 90 days
- Chronic difficulty hearing
- Ringing in only one ear
- Hearing loss only in one ear that has worsened in the past 90 days
- Spells of acute or chronic dizziness
Keep all parts of the Simple Ear device away from children and toddlers and those under 3 years old. These components contain small parts that may present a choking hazard. This product is not intended for use by minors under the age of 18.