Tips for Use
Adjusting to your new hearing deviceAdjusting to any new hearing device takes a little patience and a positive attitude. Much like getting used to new glasses, your brain will need a little time to get used to using a hearing device.
- Use it for 3-4 hours at a time until you get comfortable and adjust to wearing a hearing device. Start in quieter environments if you can.
- Moving to noisier environments, use two hearing devices, rather than one to get the best boost in your hearing and make background noise easier to deal with.
With proper care, Simple Ear® should provide years of use. It is important to follow the precautions below.
- Store in a cool dry place when not in use.
- Clean the unit daily with a soft cotton cloth.
- Clean the tube and dome with black string per instruction weekly.
- Replace the dome after three months.
- Replace the tube after six months.
- Keep away from pets and small children
- Sleep while wearing your Simple Ear® device.
- Get water on or in the unit (swimming, showering, exercising, etc).
- Use liquids (or solvents) when cleaning your Simple Ear® device including domes and tips.
- Expose your Simple Ear® unit to heat sources like toasters, ovens, or car dashboard.
- Apply hairspray, perfume or lotions while wearing your Simple Ear® device.